From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Name

Could someone from NI explain why this forum has changed it's name to 'Hobbyist Toolkit' please

This gives the impression that Linx and it's targets are not worthy of being implemented in a professional environment. It would be a real shame if new users are put off by this, and don't take up the opportunity to embrace LabVIEW.

Could I also ask what has happened to the archive of all the old messages since this forum migrated from Maker Hub to NI ?

thanks

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,066 Views)

Tark,

Thanks for asking.  

The name change for both the product and the forum was made because the previous name "LINX" didn't explain what the product was for.  While its true that Arduinos, RaspPis and other devices are not used just by hobbyists, the new name "LabVIEW Hobbyist Toolkit" at least attempts to describe what the nature of the toolkit is.  This toolkit ships as part of the LabVIEW Community Edition and is compatible with all Editions of LabVIEW so it is clearly meant for professionals to use.

The MakerHub site hadn't been actively monitored for a long time.  NI has migrated a reasonable amount of reference material, documentation, and demos over to NI.com.  If there is specific content you were looking for, please let me know and I'll do my best to get it ported over as well.

- Eric

eric.reffett@ni.com

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 2 of 2
(928 Views)