Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom firmware CHIPKIT WF32

Hello,

In my project I use WS2812 Leds.

Everithing works well when I use the firmware from "LINX Firmware Wizard" in LabVIEW.

I need to add a custom command in this firmware. So I opened the firmware in the arduino IDE. First things I noted, I didn't have the ws2812.h library. I found this library here "LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\MakerHub\LINX\Firmware\Source\core\libs\WS2812", so I added this library in my arduino library.

Then compiled the code to the WF32, but now when I try to control the Leds I got a message error from the WS2812 Open.vi.

Error 5009 : Unable To allocate memory for WS2812 Open command.

I'm almost sure this error come from library I added to the arduino library. But I don't know why ?

And the custom command works well, but when I try to control the leds i got this errors. (I try without the custom command in the firmware and I have the same issue).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(911 Views)

You are most likely missing dependencies called from the WS2812 library at the location you specified.  Arduino IDE probably expects them to be in specific folder locations it specifies.  If I were you I would install WS2812 throught the Arduino IDE then try again.  Here's a link to installing libraries in Arduino IDE - https://www.arduino.cc/en/guide/libraries

Hope that helps,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(827 Views)