From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributing to the LINX toolkit?

Solved!
Go to solution

Just a heads up for you. there are available 2 versions of LINX.

3.0.1.192 from Digilent, also called Digilent LINX (this is the older version)

and

1.0.0.9 from NI, also called NI LabVIEW LINX Toolkit (this is the newer one)

if you use community edition, then you have installed the NI LabVIEW LINX Toolkit

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(789 Views)

I see, there is the maker hub 1.x and the NI1.x ;). 

NI LabVIEW LINX Toolkit requires labview 2020 or later. I guess I will have to buy a  newer version...

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(784 Views)

I'll just throw out there as well that going forward it's the Hobbyist Toolkit and is no longer referred to as Linx. If you try searching NIPM for "linx" you'll see a bunch of FPGA stuff first but "hobbyist" comes up with the one result. I'm not sure how back that works for though.

Message 13 of 17
(752 Views)

Derrick, is there any plan on community edition allowing us to use RT and FPGA in myRIO?

i know that those are focused on academic and such. but i really would love to use mine outside work and bring home to tinker.

Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(742 Views)

I wouldn't expect so. As far as I know the myRIO isn't officially supported anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(734 Views)

@DerrickB wrote:

I wouldn't expect so. As far as I know the myRIO isn't officially supported anymore.

Is that true? I was under the impression CompactRIO 2022 or something should add back support for it. If the mRIO is totally unsupported now It think that would be rather bad.

Not for further development I could understand, but maintaining its operation together with some of the other cRIO targets that are nowadays considered mature such as the 903x and 906x would be definitely expected for a few more years.

That FPGA and RT won't be part of the Community Edition is an entirely different story and I can certainly see why that is not currently considered. Of course I can also see, why someone would want to ask it anyways. 😀

As we say in Dutch, you can get a YES if you ask, but will always have a NO if you don't.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 16 of 17
(729 Views)

i had the same impression since myRIO toolkit 2021 is available since end of july.

and if the NO i already have, then i ask hoping for the YES

Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(725 Views)