High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Get Scaling Coefficients" error

Hello,

I would like to obtain NI-SCOPE scaling coefficients for raw binary data values. I'm calling "niScope Get Scaling Coefficients.vi" driver function. The function returns an error -1074116037. What could I be doing wrong? I am attaching a test VI (LV2016) for a reference and a screen shot of the error. The scope model is 5922. The code seems to work fine with model 5105.

.error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,770 Views)

Hi Fedor,

Was able to replicate this error with a simulated device. I was however able to get information about the Gain and Offset of the device using property nodes and have attached this example below. Is this the information that you were looking for?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,714 Views)

Hi 2Shanez,

I believe the properties that you're using belong to "Waveform Measurement" post-processing functionality, not the scaling of the raw ADC inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,691 Views)

Hi Fedor,

This is the intended behavior.  In old versions of the driver, we returned data for the 5922 through this VI, but the data was wrong.  We elected to fix this by returning an error.

You can get binary scaling data from "niScope Fetch" as demonstrated in the example "niScope EX Binary Acquisition.vi".  You don't need to use the "Get Scaling Coefficients" vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,682 Views)

Hi jay2510,

I was using Get Scaling Coefficients to pre-configure various modules in my design BEFORE data is recorded, i.e. before first Read/Fetch. It works fine with all the other Ni-Scope hardware here, but the 5922 that I tried using recently. I guess I have to re-factor all my architecture now to accommodate  that bug that you have mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,677 Views)