From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise figure

Hi guys,

I have a question :

I have a DAQ system. Now how do I perfom a test to check the noise figure of this system. Like collect a range of samples and plot it over a LOG plot to check Relative intensity noise ?

Thank you

PS: DAQ system is a High speed Digitizer ( ADC from analaog devices ad9643 )

Abhilash S Nair

Research Assistant @ Photonic Devices and Systems lab

[ LabView professional Development System - Version 11.0 - 32-bit ]

LabView Gear:
1. NI PXI-7951R & NI 5761
2. The Imaging Source USB 3.0 monochrome camera with trigger : DMK 23UM021

OPERATING SYSTEM - [ MS windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP-1 ]
CPU - [Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40Ghz ]
MEMORY - [ 16.0 GB RAM ]
GPU - [ NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 ]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,274 Views)

You may get more responses posting in the general LabVIEW forums.  This forum is dedicated to National Instruments High-Speed Digitizer products.  That said, however...

You did not give us much information to work with.  We need to know how you are connecting to the ADC.  A quick look at the AD9643 shows it is a fairly standard ADC with dual converters, but a single parallel output.  You will need a lot of high-speed parallel digital I/O to drive this.  You may have already solved this issue.  If you have not, consider a good high-speed digital I/O board.  National Instruments sells several.

If your only problem is plotting on a log scale, LabVIEW graphs can be changed to logarithmic scaling by right clicking on the axis and selecting Mapping»Logarithmic.  This will also modify the labels and tick marks appropriately.  You can use property nodes of the graph to switch this programmatically.

Hopefully this somewhat answered your question.  When you have further questions, let us know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,270 Views)