High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent color on intensity graph possible?

I'm using a PXIe-5105 high speed digitizer to acquire X, Y, and Z (intensity) signals and display them in an intensity graph. This simulates the old analog oscilloscope xyz mode that acts like a vector display. In short, I need a transparent color for the smallest Z value, but this doesn't seem possible.

The other graphs and charts allow the background to be set to transparent. It appears I can set the background of the intensity graph to transparent, but the problem comes in when plotting the Z values. Right now the Z values ranges from 0 (black) to 255 (white). If I try to force the Z marker value for zero to a transparent color constant, the program errors out saying that's an invalid value, whereas other colors work.

I pre-initialize my 1024x1024 drawing array to 0, then "draw" into the array at the corresponding X and Y coordinates with the Z value. This results in a white graph on black background in an intensity chart. I need a transparent background because the graph is going to be overlaid onto a video.

Should I be looking at some sort of picture control instead?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,877 Views)

Hi Lorn,

What software are you using? This sounds like a software question so it would be a good idea to re-post this in the appropriate software forum. That way you would get more visibility on your question and there will be more active participation from the community.

-Mitchell | NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,835 Views)

I'm using LabVIEW 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,825 Views)

Try reposting your question here for more visibility.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,817 Views)