Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5152 MIG hardware error

Scope card PXI-5152 Serial Number: 0xE95906

Chassis: PXI-1045

Software: NI-SCOPE 3.7, LabVIEW 8.5, TestStand 4.0.1

Scope measurements return sometimes this error:

Error Message: niScope Multi Read WDT.vi:1Internal Hardware Error occurred in MIG hardware. Please contact National Instruments Support.

Component Name: nihsdrk
File Name: p:\Measurements\DHV\DIDE\export\2.5\2.5.0f2\includes\nidide\timing\tSharedTimingChip.cpp
Line Number: 1491

Status Code: -238801

Internal Hardware Error occurred in MIG hardware. Please contact National Instruments Support. [Error Code: -238801]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,315 Views)

Do you know what wrong is with this Scope card?

What we should do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,298 Views)

Hi JCC (SK),

Has the hardware ever ran successfully?

Can you confirm if you are using LabVIEW 8.5 or 8.5.1 as the scope 3.6 driver doesn't explicitly mention supporting 8.5 in the readme file. It may be worth trying to use the scope 3.4 driver to see if it resolves the problem.

If this doesn't help, the problem will most probably lie in the hardware, you should contact your local National Instruments branch to find some further troubleshooting steps and information about repair or replacement options. In the UK the contact number is 01635-523-545.

Best regards,

Stephen C
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,292 Views)

Hi Stephen

You are right NI-Scope version is not correct.

There is LabVIEW 8.5 installed in the system and originally NI-Scope version 3.4.1f6 was installed.

Customer installed NI-Scope 3.7 to the system. I don't know why.

Could be this higher version of NI-Scope source of my problem?

Looking forward to your answer

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,280 Views)

Hi Peter,

I had a look through our internal resources and the error code does not appear often enough for me to be able to single out the cause of the problem.

I suspect that it may be a hardware fault but I would certainly check the driver as a first troubleshooting stage.

Best regards,

Stephen C
Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 8
(7,277 Views)

Hi Stephen

Dose it mean that I should downgrade to NI-Scope drivers which support LabVIEW 8.5?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,272 Views)

Hi Peter,

Yes, I would try to downgrade to NI Scope 3.4. This one is definitely supported by LabVIEW 8.5.

Best regards,

Stephen C
Applications Engineer
Message 7 of 8
(7,267 Views)

Hi Peter,

Could you try to run the following three from MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer)?

1. Device Reset

2. Self-Test

3. Self-Calibration

If you see any errors on this, please let us know what those are.

If all of these seem to work correctly (without errors) could you please describe what your code is doing?  Are you able to reduce the code down into something very simple, which reproduces the issue, in LabVIEW?  It would be ideal if we could see a shipping example for NI-SCOPE with a particular configuration which reproduces the issue.

Could you also describe your system setup?  Are you using a PXI or PXIe controller with the PXI-5152?  Or are you using a MXI controller to a desktop computer?

Which chassis are you using it in? (1075, 1065, 1045, etc.)  Which slot?

Thanks,

-Andrew

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,250 Views)