Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data presented on "Horizontal Zoom" section of Ni-Scope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.  Windows XP

I am a relatively new user to NI/very inexperienced.    We have a NI-5133 digitizer hooked up to an o-scope and NI-Scope.  We are able to see waveforms and data from the o-scope in NI-Scope.  We are not able to use the "horizontal zoom" feature as no data is presented in the window.  Is this a set up issue?  We have tried various NI-Scope versions with no success.  A simulated signal works on the zoom feature so I am assuming it is an issue related with the input (digitizer).  I would appreciate anyones help in figuring out this issue.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(8,076 Views)

digigdawg,

So you are on Windows XP, using the NI-SCOPE Soft Front Panel?  When you say that you have the USB-5133 hooked up to an o-scope and NI-SCOPE, what do you mean?  Do you mean that you have the USB-5133 connected to a LabVIEW program and the NI-SCOPE Soft Front Panel?  You are able to see the acquired data from the USB-5133 in LabVIEW using the NI-SCOPE driver, but not in the Soft Front Panel?  Can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing?  

Also, when you try to enable Horizontal Zoom, do you have the "FREQ" graph showing?  You will have to close that view for the Horizontal Zoom to work.

Regards,

Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(8,072 Views)

Thanks for response.   Actually we are not using an actual o-scope but instead only NI-SCOPE with a NI-5133 digitizer.  We see waveforms and signal on NI-SCOPE as expected.  We run into a problem when trying to zoom the signal from the NI-5133.  Bottom "zoom" portion is blank, no matter how I adjust zoom cursor or align signal.  When using a "simulated" signal the zoom function works as expected.  Attached are some screen shots.  This is NI-SCOPE 3.6.  I have also tried 4.1 and 14.1 but to no avail...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(8,064 Views)

In that first image, where it is not working, the red vertical lines that control the horizontal zoom in the waveform window, it looks like there is only one.  Can you move them and confirm there are actually two of them?

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(8,049 Views)

That is a bad pic.  Yes we are able to move them (similar to pic 3) and define the zoom width.  After doing that, as well as playing with arrows on the side of screen, we are unable to see actual data with the zoom.  The cursors show up on the zoom though.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(8,047 Views)

This definitely sounds like a bug in the NI-SCOPE Soft Front Panel code.  It looks like the USB-5133 is working correctly, since it does return the acquired waveform data.  Can you come up with steps to reproduce?  I'll need those steps in order to file a bug report.

Thanks,
Nathan 

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(8,034 Views)

What do I need to do?  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(8,031 Views)

Can you provide a list of steps that you have to do in order to see this behavior.  Do you still see the strange behavior when you don't have an input signal (measuring noise)?  What do I need to do on my computer to set it up to most likely see the same strange behavior?  

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(8,027 Views)

That version of the SFP appears to be quite dated.  Are you able to upgrade to NI-SCOPE 14.1?  There were numerous issues with horizontal zoom that have been fixed in the SFP included with that version.

Edit:  I just saw you said you tried this with 14.1 -- are you able to attach some screenshots from that version?

Drew

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(8,010 Views)

Set up

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(7,992 Views)