cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NiScope 5132 measure Voltage and Dutycycle frequency

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to use NI 5132 scope to measure the input 14V AC signal having dutycycle frequency of 125KHZ that will appear on a Testpoint. So, How can I measure voltage and dutycycle frequency using LabVIEW?

I am totally new to NIscope. I saw couple of examples of niScope in the NI example finder, but bit confuse about using related APIs. So, can anyone share example?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,051 Views)

Hello!

I think for what you're wanting to do, a good starting point would be the example "niScope EX Measurement Library.vi".

GregoryWF_0-1617821819390.png

This example can perform a number of scalar measurements, including the frequency and voltage measurements that you're wanting. I can go into some more detail about what is happening in this example if you would like, assuming that's what you're looking for.

Here is a list of the scalar measurements that NI-Scope can calculate. Am I correct that you would want a Frequency measurement as well as either a Peak or RMS Voltage measurement?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,010 Views)

Hi @GregoryWF

Thanks for sharing this info. I don't have niscope installed rightnow.

So, for ex I need to find the Voltage, Frequency, and Duty cycle at a particular Testpoint TP31 given in the test specifications. PFA, below screenshot.

Voyager7277_0-1617823614490.png

Would you please share the BD of that particular example you shown? and How can I measure duty cycle?

That would be great help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Voyager7277

Sure! Here is the block diagram with some documentation about what is going on:

GregoryWF_0-1619035233248.png

Basically, from the dropdown menu on the front panel that is wired to the 'Scalar Measurement" input of the 'niScope Multi Fetch Measurement Stats.vi' (#8 in the above block diagram), you can select the 'Frequency', 'Positive Duty Cycle', and 'Voltage Max' selections to make the appropriate measurements on the fetched waveform. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,974 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for sharing this. It helps. In a couple of weeks, I will get NIscope 5132 hardware to really work on it.

So, to measure the incoming signal Voltage, frequency, and duty cycle using this ni multifetch measurement stat.vi, So My question is that, do I have to wait few seconds between each measurement.?

like if I select "Voltage Max" from scaler measurement enum and then wait few seconds and then select "Freq. Max" from that enum, likewise "Duty cycle" step by step or I can get everything in one go?

Hope that makes validate point.. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,964 Views)

Hi,

I am facing same issue while measuring frequency with NI 5132 Scope. Using Instrument Softpanel which is kept in AUTO mode, I can see all the signals like Frequency , period etc. But while using a LabVIEW Example using AUTO config VI, I cannot get same results.

While doing scalar measurement, When I try to read Frequency, the following error pops up. I wonder, this LabVIEW AUTO setup should work same as its happening in instrument softpanel.

I also tried using vertical, horizontal, immediate trigger individual function to set time/div or Volt/div, but same issue.

Couple of Posts i reffered,https://forums.ni.com/t5/High-Speed-Digitizers/Setting-Time-Div-on-NI-5133/td-p/992368?profile.langu... 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/time-div-control-volt-div-control/td-p/11193... 

Any solution you can suggest?

Screenshot for reference. 

1.PNGFp.PNGInstrument SOFTPANEL.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,830 Views)

Hi,

I am not able to measure frequency using, LabVIEW VI using NI 5132 scope. I tried both Auto setup configuration as well as using Vertical, Horizontal, immediate trigger etc functions. But it gives following error saying waveform did not cross high, med, min limits. I wonder, this LabVIEW AUTO setup function and Instrument softpanel AUTO setting should work in the same manner? 

I reffered couple of posts for this particular problem, tried the same soluitons mentioned but it seems its not working. mostly setting time/div and Volt/div custom settings.

PFA. Screenshots,1.PNGFp.PNGInstrument SOFTPANEL.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,828 Views)