From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-4431 usb driver not recognized

Our group has a  NI USB-4431 DAQ unit that connects and works well on a couple of our computers. I am unable to connect using the same USB and hardware to my laptop, desktop and a coworker's desktop.  When I plug in the 4431, the drivers cannot be found/ USB cannot be recognized. When using NImax, the instrument name shows up (something along the lines of USB4431), however it has a red circle with "X" next to the name.  No test runs can be ran at this point.

It doesn't appear to be a hardware issue since we confirmed the instrument works on my coworker's laptop. As far as I know, there are no specific drivers for the USB-4431. Tried several different USB ports (some regular some SS), tried restarted the computers etc.

I have seen posts where people suggest finding the manufacturer of the USB to download USB host drivers , however the manufacturer is unknown.

We're using LabVIEW 15 and 16, with NIMax 18.1

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,763 Views)

Britty_bird28,

Did you already download and install the DAQmx driver? You are right that the USB-4431 doesn't have its own specific driver, but like all of our DAQ devices, it requires the DAQmx driver.

If you have already installed the DAQmx driver and are still having problems I would suggest force reinstalling the driver using the instructions here:

Force Reinstall Non-Working or Corrupt NI Software

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK

Patrick O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,737 Views)