High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Scope Soft Front Panel saves data incorrectly

Hi, all.

We're using NI-Scope Soft Front Panel v3.8 to perform voltage measurements. In many of the tests that we've run, we end up disabling channel 0 and collect data from only, say, channels 1 and 2. We then save the data using the .bin format. We've found that, despite channel 0 being disabled, the Volts/div setting of channel 0 affects the values that are saved. For example, suppose that channel 0 is set to 3.8 V/div, while channel 1 is set to 0.1 V/div. When I acquire data using SFP for channel 1, it will be displayed with a peak of around 0.1 to 0.2 V. When I save it to the binary file, though, and then read it back in, I find a peak between 3.8 and 7.6 V, indicating that SFP has used the V/div setting for channel 0 to scale the data, rather than the settings for channel 1. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know of a workaround?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,062 Views)

Hello,

I've done a basic test to try and replicate what you are seeing. See the screenshots below. The behavior of the Scope Soft Front Panel seems normal on my end. If you are experiencing different behavior, can you explain what in detail? Screenshots would be very useful.

Data coming in: 2Vpp, 1MHz Sine wave

image001.png

Saving Data Parameters

image003.png

Loading Saved Data

image005.png

Regards,

Aaron

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,052 Views)

Hi, Aaron. Thanks for your reply and sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this. You're right that SFP correctly saves the data when using the .hws format. I've gone back and checked that as well and found that the scaling factors are stored correctly in the .hws file, regardless of the settings of the other channels. Our problem, though, involves the .bin format, which we're stuck using because of some legacy code. In those files, the scales don't seem to come out right. Unfortunately, our setup is located off site, so I'm not able to get you screenshots right now. I'll try to post some the next time I get out there.

Cheers,

A.J.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,035 Views)

Sounds good A.J. We can take a look once you've been at the site.

Regards,

Aaron

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,023 Views)