From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Scope Soft Front Panel fails to Load

Solved!
Go to solution

After discussing everything you described with R&D, it sounds like there may be something wrong with the LabVIEW 2010 RTE (Run-Time Engine) you have installed.  They suggested that you do the following:
1. Uninstall LabVIEW 2010 RTE

2.  Install it again from this link:  http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2292/lang/en

3.  Test the SFP (soft front panel) as well as the Classic.

If that doesn't work, then the driver might be un-recoverable and you will need to format your computer and start from scratch.  If all else fails, that will be the reccomended approach, and then install the latest NI-SCOPE driver, which will install all the dependencies that are needed.  Let me know if it would be impossible to start from scratch (format computer), their might be a few other things we could try.

Also, so R&D can look into the issue more, can you attach the NI MAX technical Report to your next post?  (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4)  Please post all the files that are generated in a ZIP.

In addtion, I've been meaning to ask, what programming enviroment have you been using?  LabVIEW, C API, VB6, etc?  

Thanks!

Nathan

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(6,693 Views)

Hi Nathan,

Still no success. Before reading your post, I had tried doing a complete uninstall of all the NI Software on the computer and then reinstalling from the CDs I have (this installs NI-Scope v.3.6.2). Although the Scope Front Panel still failed to load after showing the screen with the message "Searching for C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\IVI\Drivers\niScope\instr.lib', I was able to get Test Panels in MAX to show up, which I think uses Ni Scope Front Panel. So that was interesting. 

Anyways, then I went through steps 1-3 that you outlined and reinstalled the higher version of NI-Scope 4.0 as well, but no change - both Classic and SFP fail to load (same screen, same message as above).

Attached is the MAX Technical Report.

If I understand what formatting a computer means (reinstalling Windows 7, the whole shebang), that sounds rather drastic. Since I do need to get data from my digitizer though, I guess I could try formatting the computer if nothing else works. Also, I've been using C APIs for the programming environment, or rather, an executable that was written using Measurement Studio. But I also wanted to use Labview at some point to talk to the digitizer, although it (Labview) is currently uninstalled.

Thanks!

Ana

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(6,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by malagon

Hi, just an update - NI Scope now works after reformatting the computer.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(6,656 Views)
I am facing similar kind of problem..(given below) 

I had labview 2012 32bit installed on my PC(win-7) with all required (daq, scope & all other) drivers, and it was working fine. Suddenly labview was not able to load "niScope_32.dll" while loading my VI. I tried to repair it with same version of scope drivers(3.9.4) but problem didn't solved. I tried to locate niScope_32.dll i found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\RT Images\NI-Scope, when i browse & gave this location while loding VI labview gave error saying nipalp.dll was not found.

So I removed full labview and tried with clean installation but same problem.

Then again I removed entire labview with all ni device drivers and installed labview 2013 and scope 4.0.5 drivers still problem persists.even in NI-Max explorer it is showing NI-scope but I am not able to launch scope soft front panel, error "scope front panel could not launch because an error occured while trying to open application reference". Now i don't see any NI-Scope folder (or sub-folder) inside  "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments" even after installing scope 4.0.5 !!!

Attached is the MAX Technical Report.

formatting PC is last option :smileysadbut can you suggest me any other solution???
-
Regards,
Malay Shah

<script type="text/javascript">
(function() {
var s = document.createElement('script');
s.type = 'text/javascript';
s.async = true;
s.src='//cdn.youracclaim.com/assets/utilities/embed.js';
var o = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
o.parentNode.insertBefore(s, o);
})();
</script>
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(6,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(6,431 Views)

That's posted by me... I just felt my problem is some what similar to this one that's why I posted it here.

Please can you give some solution??

-
Regards,
Malay Shah

<script type="text/javascript">
(function() {
var s = document.createElement('script');
s.type = 'text/javascript';
s.async = true;
s.src='//cdn.youracclaim.com/assets/utilities/embed.js';
var o = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
o.parentNode.insertBefore(s, o);
})();
</script>
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(6,425 Views)

Hi,

has anybody ever received or arrived at a solution that did not involve reformatting the hard disk? Because this seems totally unacceptable to me. I also have the same problem. NI Scope Soft Front Panel worked until a few days ago and now only the already mentioned error message appears. The digitizer seems to work ok (PCI 5124, used from a Delphi program via the C DLLs). How can the installed files "rot" to an extent that causes this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(5,379 Views)

Reformatting the drive and starting all over from scratch is not a viable solution for many users. Similar problem, NIScope SFP will not launch from any location. Error message states "The Soft Front Panel could not launch because an error occured while trying to open an application reference."

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(3,550 Views)