From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-SCOPE, NI-DMM support for linux 2.6.32

We have successfully ported NI-SCOPE (2.9) and NI-DMM (2.5) to our linux 2.6.28 kernel version but now we need them ported on a newer 2.6.32 kernel. Most of the installation goes okay, but modules nisldk, nicdrk, nihsdrk and nimxpk do not load. Simply report an error during modprobe (no such device error). There are no more to the errors/warnings.

So first question: Has anyone ported NI-SCOPE and NI-DMM drivers to linux kernel 2.6.32 or later? If yes, please tell me which NI-SCOPE and NI-DMM versions are you using.

Secondly, which is the latest NI-SCOPE and NI-DMM version that runs on linux?

thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,506 Views)

Thanks for using the forums here at National Instruments!

Unfortunately, these drivers are only officially supported on certain distributions of SUSE, Mandrakelinux, Mandriva, and RedHat, and not on the kernels you mentioned. However, as you have found already, there is a possibility this will work and our community may be able to provide additional insight after me.

What I can do is point you to our latest NI-SCOPE and NI-DMM drivers that are supported in Linux (for the distributions listed above). NI-DMM has not been updated for Linux since v2.5, but NI-SCOPE has (v3.1). Also, the readme file for these downloads shows the correct detailed installation procedure for these drivers in Linux (look at the readme file before "Installation Instructions").

Have a great day!

Peter E
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,484 Views)

We are in 2016. In when a new version for the driver NI-DMM ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,859 Views)

Hi renaud1234

As of right now, the most current version of NI-DMM for Linux is still v2.5. I can’t speak to when a new version will be released.

Also, this thread is a few years old. You’ll probably get more of a response creating a new thread in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,843 Views)

A new thread wouldn't be useful as it is still the same problem.

This gives me headache, especially when the hardware costs several k€ !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,332 Views)

is ther the hope for pci5112 to work under linux?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,985 Views)