High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI 5105 digitizer to Labview 8.6

I would like to connect NI PXI 5105 digitizer through PXI 1033 with LABVIEW 8.6 but I cannot find the card anywhere in the panels. If I use NI SCOPE or SIGNALEXPRESS separately there is no problem. But Labview cannot detect it or I do not know how to do it. Can somebody please give me an advice how to do that? I am a novice in Labview.

Thank in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,659 Views)

Hi Milmuell!

What do you mean that you "cannot find the card anywhere in the panels"? Do you mean MAX? Every digitizer can be accessed in LabVIEW only by NI-SCOPE drivers, are you using them in LabVIEW? Do have those drivers in Measurement I/O Palette? Or if not, then what are you using?

Right now I don't understand everything in your post. Please try to be more precise.

I'm waiting for the answer.

Regards,

Dawid 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,646 Views)

NI-Scope provides access to the NI digitizers through a set of API VI's.  These VI's can be found in the block diagram pallet under Measurement I/O -> NI-Scope.

The best way to learn how to use these VI's is to look at the examples that are included with NI-Scope.  You can find these by going to the Start Menu and navigating to  All Programs -> National Instruments -> NI-Scope -> Examples

All you should need to install to get these examples is Labview and NI-Scope.

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,640 Views)

In case you do not already have the LabVIEW 8.6 support for NI-SCOPE installed, here are a few additional details that may help.

1) You will need NI-SCOPE version 3.5 (or later, however as of this post this is currently the latest version) to install support for LabVIEW 8.6.  

2) If NI-SCOPE was installed prior to LabVIEW or for another reason you are missing LabVIEW 8.6 support, you will need to modify the install of the driver to add the LabVIEW support. 

If you have NI-SCOPE installed, but are unsure of which version you have, you can check the readme which will be linked in your start menu by default under All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-SCOPE>>Documentation.  You will also find directions in the readme on how to modify the install if you are unsure of how to do this. 

- Jennifer O.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,632 Views)