From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use NI PXIe-5451 AWG marker event to trigger NI PXIe-5170R ?

Hello sir,

I am trying to trigger NI PXIe-5170R digitizer card with 'marker event0' generated by NI PXIe-5451 AWG module through PXI bus on PXI trigger0. But I am getting delay between the marker event and the actual acquire of signal through digitizer card. I have tried with making 'Compensate For Filter Group Delay' property true to reduce the delay but still I am facing the same problem. Please let me know how to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,967 Views)

Unfortunately, you will see some delay through the PXI_Trig backplane.

You could acquire some pre-trigger samples from the 5170R, and compensate for this delay when analyzing the measurement data.  To do this, configure the 5170R to use an immediate start trigger, and use the incoming marker signal as a digital edge reference trigger.  Then, if you configure the reference position to be something greater than 0, you will acquire some pre-trigger samples, and some post-trigger samples.  Then, change the Fetch Relative To and Fetch Offset properties so that the data you fetch starts with the time of the marker0 event.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,943 Views)