High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I program NI USB-5132 in VISA RAW?

The company have purchased a NI USB-5132 oscilloscope.  I was hoping it was going to be UTMC compatible as I have previously programed a Tektronix oscilloscope using VISA with the INSTR interface.

However the NI USB-5132 does not get recognised as a VISA Instr device.

I built a Visa .inf file for it and it does now get recognised as a VISA RAW device.

However now I need to program it as a RAW device for setup and measurement.

My questions are two fold.  Where is the command set for a NI USB-5132 device suitable for programming

it as a VISA raw device ( document / pdf file ).  Note I can get a UsbRaw session for the device but I am interested particularly in the equivalent of VISA Write and Read in Raw mode for this device. Looking at explanations of RAW it seems that I need to know also the protocol for the device. In preference I would like to use the simplest protocol such as a Simple Read and Write as for VISA Instr.

Secondly are there any examples of programming the device in VISA RAW ? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,306 Views)

The NI USB-5132/5133 devices do not support the interfaces that you mention.  National Instruments does not publish the command set/protocols necessary to configure the device using VISA.

The device is configurable using the NI-SCOPE driver provided with your hardware.  You can also download the most recent version here:

NI-SCOPE 3.5.1

The driver comes with dozens of examples using the NI-SCOPE API in LabVIEW and C.

Message 2 of 3
(6,302 Views)
Or you could use the IVI Scope class driver. If you had used that for the tek scope as well, you wouldn't have to rewrite any code.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,290 Views)