From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error code 1074118653 in my 5122 card. Can I increase on board memory?

I am getting error 1074118653 because my number of samples to acquire are out of card limit. So I want to ask whether can we increase on board memory of 5122 card? Or is there any other way to acquire samples more than specified in card spec?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,622 Views)

What are you trying to do? Are you using one of the example programs in LabVIEW?

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,604 Views)

Hello,

I assume you have seen this KnowledgeBase article ID 4J5GRN9U pertaining to the cause of error -1074118653. 

...can we increase on board memory of 5122 card?

NI currently does not offer a service to upgrade the onboard memory of a digitizer. 

Or is there any other way to acquire samples more than specified in card spec?

There certainly is, it is called "streaming".  There are several streaming examples, but in general it depends on whether you'd like to acquire just one record, or several records.  A single-record streaming acquisition will require using theniScope EX Fetch Forever example.  A multi-record streaming acquisition could be done a few different ways, but in general the niScope EX Fetch More Than Available Memory example is a good place to start.

Before talking about those options, we need to ask a few basic questions:

1. How many records do you need to acquire?
2. How long do you want to acquire for each record?

3. How big is the memory size of your digitizer?  There are four memory options: is it 8 MB/ch, 32 MB/ch, 256 MB/ch or 512 MB/ch?  You can find out the digitizer's memory size by using this example LabVIEW program.

4. Is your digitizer PCI, PCIe, PXI, or PXIe?  The form factor and bus used can determine the streaming rate available to you.  The theoretical transfer rate on a PXI or PCI bus is 133MB/s, and the theoretical transfer rate on a PCIe or PXIe x4 bus is 800MB/s.

You can find several streaming examples online, and there are a few discussions surrounding streaming you may also look up online.  When you reach the limit of what your streaming performance can handle (you overwrite memory on your digitizer before retrieving it) you will likely run into error -1074116198 (status code -200613), which contains several suggestions on how to improve your streaming performance.

-Andrew

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,592 Views)