High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetch time and PFI output time on PXI5105

I am using PXI 5105 on PXIe 1062 chasis to collect voltage data. Up until now, the fast response has not been an issue. Now, I would like the labview software fetch about 120 samples every 20µs ( 6 MHz sampling), process the data and decide to send out a TTL signal from PFI1 of PXI 5105 to a cicuit board. I could use any other fast output card if necessary.

I have some idea  of the  signal processing time, but was wondering how fast  the fetch and outputting TTL might take. I am trying to get the total response time to about 10-20 µs or less (from absolute time of the last data point to the time TTL signal is on the output channel). Does anybody know if this is doable? If not, do I need labview realtime or some sort of FPGA for fast response?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,006 Views)

Hello,

I think we took care of this issue on the phone yesterday, but just to re-iterate the answer, this sort of operation is not going to be possible with the 5105, even if you were working on an RT controller. In order to process the 120 samples of data and then otuput a digital line based on the processed analog input data, you'll need an FPGA with hardware timed data processing. Unfortunately, with this approach NI does not have any FPGA cards that have analog input channels that can sample any faster than 750kS/s. If you can afford to slow down the analog acquistion, you should check out theNI 785XR boards.

I just wanted to make sure that you got an answer to your question.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,992 Views)