From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetch forever 3CH at 250MSps on PXIe-5170

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like stream data from 3CH on PXIe-5170(4ch ver.) at its maximum sampling rate 250MSps.   

Can NI SCOPE driver simply accomplish it with its fetch forever example?   Or does it require the IDL for Reconfigurable Oscilloscope?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,579 Views)

Since PXIe-517x devices support NI-SCOPE driver, I dont believe Fetch forever VI needs any modifications to run under 250MS/s sampling rate.

even though, some hardware limitation(such as storage performance and back plane transfer speed) would affect, 

and also deleting graph from sample VI might help stabilize its operation.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,280 Views)
Solution
Accepted by UMASO

Hello, thanks for the follow-up on this thread.  

I could successfully implemented 250MSps streaming with IDL, and could NOT with NI-SCOPE.  

Hardware and software are PXIe-1095, LabVIEW 2019, and SCOPE 19.1.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,266 Views)

I don't think PC is ready for such data rate, but I think you can do it in FPGA, and have FPGA to processing such data while give PC a overall result.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,906 Views)

What is required with the data from PXIe-5170 was to stream all data into RAID drive.  

And it is one of the advantages to use PXI platform.  As for streaming, please refer to many articles by searching with words such as "PXI Streaming"

Streaming Architecture of the Industry’s Highest Performance PXI Express Platform

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,893 Views)

NI-SCOPE Peer-to-Peer Streaming Example for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Examples-and-IP-for-Software/NI-SCOPE-Peer-to-Peer-Streaming-Example-for-Re...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,496 Views)