High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -239020

Our PXI-5105 came down with this error, reporting initialization issues.

Could it be a case of corrupted drivers or configuration ?

What steps could we take?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,239 Views)

Hi Fedor,

I see you're using the 5105 digitizer and getting this error. When I look at the error picture that you've posted, it looks like this is occuring at ni-scope initialize. I think it would be best to test this in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). To get to Measurement & Automation Explorer, navigate to the start menu » programs » National Instruments » Measurement and Automation Explorer. At this point you can expand devices and interfaces, right click on your digitizer, and select self test. See the picture below.

MAX self test.PNG

Are you still getting the error with this self test? Is it the same code? If you're not getting an error at this point, then we've verfied that the hardware can communicate, and we should look at your code that's producing the  issue.

If you are still getting the error, we should follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Reset the device in Measurement & Automation Explorer. (See above picture and select Reset device).
  2. Reinstall the device driver in the device manager (you don’t need to reinstall NI-SCOPE) by deleting the device and letting the operating system re-detect the hardware (Action>> Scan for New Devices in the Windows Device manager).
  3. Update the driver to the latest version. This will bring you to the latest drivers, select the latest one for your operating system (probably 3.8.7)
  4. Reboot the PXI controller and try a different PXI slot that's known to be working and/or different chassis

If none of these work, then an RMA would probably need to be set up for the device, and you can achieve this by contacting NI technical support. The applications engineer that you're working with will probably be able to find this discussion forum to reference.

Hope this helps!

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,228 Views)

Fedor,

Before setting up an RMA or re-installing the driver, I would recommend you try:

1. running self-calibration, and device reset.  If you are receiving any errors on those, please let us know.  

2. If you are not receiving any errors on those, then try to run a MAX Test Panel.

3. I would also think it wise to run an example program such as Configured Acquisition.  

Let us know if any of those steps also reproduce an issue.

-Andrew

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,207 Views)

Hi, I have found the same issue in my system. Can I ask you how did you fix it?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,090 Views)

Hello,

This error could be caused by several different reasons. Did you try any of the previous suggestions? What was the result of the previous suggested tests?

Regards,

MCOTO

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,065 Views)

Hi MCOTO,

I've tried the previous suggestion without any positive result. Reset the device is not possible; neither the Self-Test can be performed. I also tried to use another PXI slot and to reinstall drivers from the device manager, but it didn't work.

I'm not comfortable in reinstalling software, because the board is used in a "closed" system and I'm not sure updating drivers should be a good idea. I'm waiting for another controller in order to perform other tests

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,053 Views)

Hello vix74

I have some questions for you.

Could you clarify why the reset/self-test is not possible? they fail or you cannot perform that test? Why?

With this error we should isolate software issues, so it is important to reset the device, reinstall software or try in a different controller as you will do.

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,009 Views)

Hi Frank,

reset and self-test are not possible because they both fail, with Error -239021

Regards

Virginia

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,936 Views)

This error code indicates that one of the power supply circuits supplying the FPGA may have failed (most likely cause, but not only).  Boards that experience Errors -239020 or -239021 will need to be repaired.  You will need to contact National Instruments (https://www.ni.com/contact-us/) to setup a RMA for your product.

Regards,

Nathan 

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,929 Views)

Thank you Nathan,

I will contact NI then...

Regards,

Virginia

0 Kudos