High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -201427 on PXI 5122 from NI MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to verify that the PXI 5122 is supported by NI-Scope 4.0.0 under WINdows 7 64 bit. If so, I guess I may have a damaged card. The system was running under the old computer / code / drivers last month.

Scenario is as follows: I am upgrading some previously running code to a new computer and from 32 bit CVI to 64 bit CVI. After plowing through the code tweaks, the PXI 5122 digitizer shows a new error in the code. I backtrack to NI MAX and I receive this related error when I try to self-test.

"The driver failed to communicate with PXISlot2, producing the following message:

Error -201427 at Self-Test

Possible reason(s):

The specified device is not supported within the NI-DAQmx API.

Device Specified PXISlot2"

Upon seeing this I tried NI Update and nothing was tagged. I shut down the system and reseated the card. Then I checked NI-Scope version (was 3.9.4) in NI MAX. I manually downloaded NI-Scope 4.0.0. Same error.

The 5122 is in slot 2 and NI MAX identifies the card as "2:NI-PXI-5122 "PXISlot2"

More information about current system 

Dell Precision T3600

Win7 64 bit Enterprise SP1

PCI Spincore Pulsebalster NMR TIming Card

PCIe Copper x4 Remote link to NI 1062Q chassis

In the NI 1062Q

Slot 1: NI PXIe-8370 Remote Controller

Slot 2: NI PXI-5122

Slot3: NI PXIe-5442

Slot 4: Reports Empty Actually has NI PXIe-8262 linked to a NI PCIe-8263 (shows up fine in Windows, normal visibility in NI MAX is unknown)

Slot 5: NI PXI-6733

Slot 6: NI PXI-6733

Slot 7: Empty

Slot8: NI PXI-5421

Measurement and Automation Explorer System Information (current after NI Scope upgrade) is attached 

Before I hunt down a loaner 5122, I wanted to see if there are any known incompatibilities that spring to mind.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,637 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blakney

There is a hardware error -200313 on the card (and the first replacement) as revealed by an earlier version of NIMAX (another computer and PXI chassis). The information in the attached document may help improve the diagnosis in the future (rather than the more generic above error).

With a third digitizer the system is running.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,632 Views)

Hello Blakney,

Thanks for the heads up on that error message.  

I am glad your system is working again.

Best regards

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,620 Views)