High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074126846 when using 5102 for phase delay measurement

Is the 5102 capable of measuring the phase delay between two channels?
Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,533 Views)
I tested this on my 5102 and it worked fine with out any error when measuring two channels.

The phase delay measurement is function of the time delay.
The time delay is the time difference in which each waveform crosses their own mid reference level. The mid reference level can be calculated in a couple ways: Relative and Absolute. Relative references calculate the percentages of the full range of the signal. If your signal is noisy this can greatly affect the mid reference level if you have large spikes.
If you know your signal you can then assign an absolute value for the mid reference value.
Another thing that you can do is sample longer to capture more edges of your signal. Multiple edges are necessary to make an accurate phase measurement.

Hopefully this helps.

Mike Taylor
Message 2 of 4
(5,533 Views)
I am a bit confused.
I am trying to mesure the phase delay between ch 0 and ch 1 on quadrature signals comming from an encoder.
Is this the phase delay we are talking about here?
Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,533 Views)
The 5102 is capable of measuring the phase between two channels. This phase calculation is done in software, therefore the 5112 would not help you any further. When you are measuring the phase delay you need to specify what the "other channel" is. This can be done with a property node. You will also need to enable the other channel by specifying channel "0,1" in the niScope configure vertical, or two separate niScope configure vertical. However when you call Fetch Measurement you can only wire in one channel, and the measurement will then internally measure both channels to measure the phase. You don't need to reinitialize the board each time. You simply need to configure both channels to sample raw data, then the Fetch Measurement on single
channels with the other channel configured as the other channel. You can have more that one Fetch Measurement in your VI if you need more than one measurement.

-Mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,534 Views)