High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PXI-5102 support Vertical Offset

Does the PXI-5102 digitizer support Vertical Offset?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,439 Views)

Hi VI Joe,

Nothing in the 5102 specifications talks about DC Offset.  This isn't the clearest indicator, but comparing with another device that does support DC Offset (for instance, the 5152 specifications) shows how the specs would look if it was there.

The best way to really know this is to look in the NI-SCOPE Help topics:

Features Supported by Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Devices  <---5102 is in here

Features Supported by SMC-Based Devices and USB Devices <---5152 is here

The 5102 is a legacy device.  Any particular reason you're looking into it?

-Andrew

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,435 Views)

Yes - thanks for asking.  We sent the 5102 out for calibration and it failed Vertical Offset (?).  I didn't think Vertical Offset was supported by the 5102. 

I have attached the cal. report.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,429 Views)

This may be a generic template for testing the vertical offset as supported by other digitizers.  Since the 5102 does not have vertical offset as a capability, I assume this is why the "test condition" is set to "Grounded V" and all the voltages are very near 0v.  This makese sense to me.

Furthermore, to ensure each input path of each vertical range is centered about 0v, each channel is tested on each input range setting.  This is why there are four tests for each channel.

Where was this 5102 calibrated?  If you had any other data of another calibration fom the same calibrator, and that device supports vertical offset, you could compare them to see if other "test conditions" are given besides "Grounded V".

-Andrew

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,419 Views)