From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hidden Gems in vi.lib

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Gems in vi.lib.pptx

I think Darren isn't using the VIPM palette editor. I may be wrong. So if that's the case then It may be how Darren is managing the mnu files.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(11,909 Views)

I was under the impression that the VIPM palette editor is only useful for creating .mnu files that contain VIs being installed by the package. In my case, my package is not installing any VIs (it's only installing .mnu files), so I didn't think I could use the palette editor. If that's not the case, then yeah, I'll work with Michael when/if I update the package to see if we can address the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(11,909 Views)

Hi Darren,

After reading your hidden gems article I downloaded the package and wasp laying with the match 1D string. I was interested in the Match Regular Expression_Execute.vi . I have seen this on several other occasion in NI code and as there is no help provided with it I wondered where this sat in relation to the Match Pattern.vi and Match Regular Expression.vi. It seems to function  as per the Match Regular expression but a little slower.

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(11,909 Views)

The Match Pattern function is unrelated to the regular expression stuff, it uses a different codepath under the hood. The Match Regular Expression function and the Match Regular Expression_Execute.vi both use a callback into LabVIEW to evaluate the regular expression using the PCRE library package.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(11,909 Views)

I like the matching array output of the regular expression stuff, is there any reason not to use this VI as a valid alternative to the Match Regular Expression ?

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(11,909 Views)

No reason, other than the possibility that NI might change the VIs (see the first few slides in the hidden gems presentation for all those disclaimers. ).

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(11,906 Views)

Who's the joker who wrote Horizontally Align Controls, but not Vertically Align Controls.  Also who named it opposite of the toolbar functions in LabVIEW.  That is, Horizontally Align Controls does the same thing as the toolbar button Vertical Centers

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 17 of 21
(11,906 Views)

Did I mention that these VIs are not officially documented or supported?

Message 18 of 21
(11,906 Views)

I have updated the presentation to include new hidden gems in LabVIEW 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(11,906 Views)

I have updated the presentation to include new hidden gems in LabVIEW 2016 and LabVIEW 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(11,599 Views)