Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO-9651 SOM IO Interface and CLIP Generator.pptx

This presentation covers what a CLIP is, how to navigate through the sbRIO CLIP Generator, and how to import a socketed CLIP into your LabVIEW Project.

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 1 of 20
(19,517 Views)

Hi, Sir

This is Ian from NITW, I use sbRIO-9607, then I need 2 RS-232 port to use VISA, but when I finish the CLIP generator, I can't find the socket in my project, so I don't know how to Import the CLIP, (as the ppt's page 38).

What's wrong in my way? thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(16,029 Views)

If I understand you correctly, you cannot find the RMC Socket project item in your LabVIEW project. Is that correct? Can you attach a screenshot of your project? It should appear under your FPGA project item.

20170616105047.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(16,027 Views)

Add my Attach screenshot, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(15,997 Views)

I can not choose the CLIP which I generated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(15,986 Views)

You've already added the digital RMC (9694) to your project, as shown below circled in red. If you remove that, you'll see the RMC socket appear.

Image 3.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(15,958 Views)

Thanks, Deagle.

It's really help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(15,871 Views)

PowerPoint Slide for ASRLx..INSTR.png

@tannerite wrote:

This presentation covers what a CLIP is, how to navigate through the sbRIO CLIP Generator, and how to import a socketed CLIP into your LabVIEW Project.

Hi tannerite,

I have a very related problem with this issue in my project, my hardware is NI sbRIO9607. I want to use the RS232 serial interface provided by Labview Clip Generator and I have also done all the necessary assignments written. But I could not find any way to access to the created port (serial nor parallel created by Clip Generator), with VISA or MAX. All DIO pins are working correctly without using in a Clip Generator serial port. However, only the ASRLx::INSTR ports could be accessed via MAX or VISA. According to the quote from your publication which I put to the beginning, I understand that ASRLx::INSTR ports are the corresponding Serial Ports. However there is no data communication sensed while I am testing the pins by this assignment (i.e. I considered Serial2 is ASRL2::INSTR , and all of the other ASRLx::INSTR ports are also tested whether one of them might be the Serial2 port or not). I put screenshots below.

How could I access this Clip Generator ports, could you please help me?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Onur YILDIZ

RT VI CodeRT VI Code

Clip Generator ConfigurationClip Generator Configuration

Clip Generator SummaryClip Generator SummaryRMC Socket Properties ConfigurationRMC Socket Properties ConfigurationProject ExplorerProject ExplorerRT VI InterfaceRT VI InterfaceNI MAX InterfaceNI MAX Interface

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(14,864 Views)

Hi!

Could it be possible to use the additional serial (ASLR:2) while using the RMC card. In my case, I'm using RMC 9694 but whenever I add RMC card my "Socketed Clip" disappears. Can you please tell me the way out?

Thanks

@Deagle wrote:

You've already added the digital RMC (9694) to your project, as shown below circled in red. If you remove that, you'll see the RMC socket appear.

Image 3.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(11,513 Views)

Hi!

I'm having the similar problem. Could it be possible to use the additional serial pin (ASLR:2) simultaneously with the RMC card. In my case, I'm using 9694 but whenever I add the RMC card my "Socketed Clip" removes from the project. Can you please tell me the way out to simultaneously used both of them.  My application requires two serial ports.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(11,512 Views)