Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is the non volitile memory addressed on a sbRIO 9642

I want to store "system critical variables" on the sbRIO 9642 during a controlled shutdown so that they can be restored during start up, even after power loss. the attached file is an attempt to write / read a data file.  How do I address the sbRIO I have attached the sample VI the vi is not on the sbRIO but on the host computer

The attached VI complains that " C:/filename.dat"

the attached file is a modified sample it resided on the host computer because I will be using an GUI resident on the host computer.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,734 Views)

Hi justgene,

This is most likely a file path issue since you are storing the file on the sbRIO but trying to access the C: drive on your host computer rather than on the sbRIO through FTP. I would recommend posting this question on the ni.com LabVIEW RT forums as this does not appear to be specific to the sbRIO hardware.

Also, make sure to attach your VI, or a VI snippet on the ni.com forums so others can take a look.

- Tanner

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,165 Views)

Thanks I completely forgot about FTP

btw I attached the VI and 2 snapshots ...  but I don't see em on the post

Gene

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,165 Views)

Gene,

Yeah, FTP is most likely what you are needing (e.g., ftp://<sbRIO IP Address>/filename.dat). You can also use MAX, or a third-party tool like FileZilla. Here is a useful link for further options.

- Tanner

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,165 Views)