From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFP Reference Schematic Design

I want to design a carrier board for NI sbRIO9607 mainboard, which has a gigabit ethernet port pinouts. However, I want to enlarge my system by SFP modules. Hence, I added a SFP Cage and SFP Connector into my carrier board design. However, I could not find a reference schematic design for SFP Connector. You may find a SFP Module's related SFP Host Connect Electrical Interface and Pins Descriptions and the GBE Reference Schematic attached into the post.

Now, the question is, how can I put SFP instead of the GBE? Is there any reference schematic design for SFP connection or SFP to GBE conversion?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.

Onur

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,911 Views)

You should check the suggested PHY IC, to see if it able to support Fiber, if it does, I think you can use SFP in the  GBE1 port.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,863 Views)

Hi jiangliang,

I found a reference schematic design for SFP module connection. However, I could not provide the connection between SFP and GBE. There are Protocol IC,  SerDes IC and PLD / PAL. I could not give an exact decision for the conection. Do you know any ICs or Converters, or do you have a suggestion for the physical connection? You may find the related SFP schematic below.

Thanks in advance.

onrep

SFP Reference SchematicSFP Reference Schematic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,784 Views)