From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring temperature from NI real-time

I found this document which describes how to read data from the sbRIO-9651's internal temperature sensors and I have tested out the example VI.

It it possible to access this data through the linux file sysem or somehow read it from a C program running in NI real-time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,401 Views)

jruhland,

LabVIEW is able to read the sbRIO's internal temperature through a component known as NI System Configuration API. It may be possible to call into this API in a C program. We're taking a look at the feasability of this now and will keep you updated with our progress.

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,573 Views)

Sorry for the delay,  I was looking into this in parallel.  I confirmed the answer on Friday, but didn't get a chance to post.

The system configuration functions do have a C API.  That API is documented here: 

NI System Configuration Functions

Regards,

spex

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,573 Views)

Thanks for the help, I abandoned my previous plan of creating a shared C library from a vi and used the SysCfg API instead.

I've attached the module's source as reference in case anyone else is interested in doing this in the future.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,573 Views)