From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect Eth0 HW issue on sbRIO?

Hi, 

I'm doing an application with sbRIO. The sbRIO is doing data acquisition and sending out data to my host through Eth0. I've been experiment with my sbRIO board A for a while. But the other day, I notice that I'm getting a bad TCP/IP data link with this sbRIO. With exact same SW, I can only achieve half data rate through Eth0 on sbRIO A, compared with another sbRIO B. I've tried to format and reinstall everything, which seems not to help. Any idea on how to detect this kind of HW issue? Could it be any settings in the ini file?  I'm pretty sure that I didn't change anything on purpose. 😞

Thanks,

richtian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,798 Views)

Hi Richtian,

How are you programming the sbRIO? Are you setting up a direct TCP/IP link or are you just referring to the data throughput you can achieve with LabVIEW streaming from the target to host (if you're using LabVIEW in the first place, that is)?

NickelsAndDimes
Product Support Engineer - sbRIO
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,777 Views)

Hi, Nick

I'm using LV STM to directly create the TCP link between sbRIO and my PC. As I noted, two sbRIO boards show me two different throughput performance, which makes me feel there is problem with one sbRIO HW or maybe RT configuration.

Thanks,

richtian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,750 Views)

Hey, Nick

Could it be something lower the CPU frequency of sbRIO? Although it is claimed that max frequency of 9607 is 667MHz, how can I prove it? Besides, is there a sbRIO version which uses -3 speed grade 7z020 and provides 866MHz CPU speed? I'm suspecting that 667MHz could be the bottle neck of my application, while 866MHz should be able to solve it.

Thanks,

richtian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,744 Views)