Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Series support on SOM

Is it possible to add support for two C Series module ports on the SOM?

I am looking to add that feature in a similar way that we do on sbRIO-9627 designs.

I realize that this is not supported in the sbRIO-9651 reference carrier design but could we add this to our carrier board for the SOM?

I don't see any way using the NI Clip Generator.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,746 Views)

d_white:

I will explain that I am a former NI engineer now with NI Embedded Control and Electronic Design Specialty Partner Cyth Systems in San Deigo.

We are careful never to promote a product on the forums without a direct question. As far as I know there is not a way to add C Series to the 9651 for deployment, but since you ask Cyth has existing hardware products that add signal conditioning to the SOM, allowing you to stay on the NI Platform via the SOM even with signal conditioning needs. The product line is called Circaflex. If this is of interest send me a Private Message and we can continue offline.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,599 Views)

Not really. You can obviously add DSUB connectors to your carrier board but the FPGA project won't treat them like C Series slots.

If I remember correctly, the 9627 has dedicated C Series lines that don't go through the CLIP. This means that you can use C Series modules even if there is no CLIP assigned to the RMC socket. As far as the FPGA is concerned the 9627 never has any more or less than two C Series slots. And as far as the FPGA is concerned on SOM, there are no slots.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,599 Views)