From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amulet Display on SOM

I have a couple quick questions about the use of Amulet displays on the sbRIO-9651 that I was hoping someone could help with

1. Does the NI driver for Amulet displays work with the 7" screen with the sbRIO-9651 rather than just the 4.3" screen that NI sells through their website?

2. Does the NI driver for Amulet displays work with the controller boards that Amulet sell to drive other screens with the sbRIO-9651?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,092 Views)

Hi weejinky,

The NI driver for Amulet works with multiple screen sizes. It is built upon the VISA serial driver and and communicates with the display via RS-232.

This is actually documented in their API help when you install the driver. Below is a screenshot:

Amulet+Support.PNG

MK-480272C (The Amulet display that NI sells)

MK-070R

MK-CY-043

MK-CY-043MT

All Starter kits using the above Amulet Modules

CBC-2

GCC-2

The API is only compatible with the above Amulet displays and is not compatible with other screens. Amulet uses a fairly custom protocol on top of serial to send control, indicator and graph data between the host and the display that will not be compatible with other brands.

-Tanner

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,741 Views)

Has the NI-driver for Amulet displays been updated for the latest MK-070C-HP, 7" capacitive touch models?

Warm Regards

Yousafzai

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,741 Views)

Hi Yousafzai,

I have contacted Amulet Technologies to verify. I'll post back on here my findings.

-Tanner

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,741 Views)

Appreciate your efforts. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,741 Views)

Hi Yousafzai,

I just receive confirmation from Amulet Technologies that the MK-070C-HP is supported with the LabVIEW API available in the VI Package Manager. They will be updating the help file with the newly-released products.

-Tanner

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,741 Views)

thank you so ver much.

Regards

Yousafzai

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,741 Views)