Hampton Roads LabVIEW User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

User group ideas for future meetings

The users that met on April 2 had several suggestions about group activities.  Below are the activities that I remember being mentioned:

1. LabVIEW programing challange.
  2. LabVIEW coding questions being addressed by the group.  One or two questions picked previously by the group to answer?
  3. LabVIEW newbies outreach.  I can dedicate time after the user group meeting or have a day set aside once a month to help new programmers with their questions or teach a short class on a specific topic.
  4. Invite Electrical Equipment Company Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation representative to an extended user group meeting concerning intregrating Allen Bradley PLC/PAC with LabVIEW DSC.  What family of PLCs are we intrested in?
  5. Meet after work for drinks?
  6. add your ideas here...

This list is by no means complete.  Please comment or add to the list.  

Also, we are looking for ideas for upcomoing presentations.

I can present my generic user interface that I use for almost all of my test stands.  I found that standardizing the GUI made it easier for the end users to figure out how to use the VIs. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,267 Views)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: User group ideas for future meetings

This list looks great to me.  I definitely like #1 and #2.

--------------------------------------------------

Nathan - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,863 Views)
Highlighted

Re: User group ideas for future meetings

Just a thought for expanding our group.... What if we reach out to the local colleges and universities. I do know there are courses in LabVIEW offered at TNCC and ODU. Maybe we can reach out to the engineering departments so they can let their students know.

This could lead to good programming challenges and coding / style questions from the newbies. Could be good to help keep us on our toes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,863 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.