Hampton Roads LabVIEW User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

User Group question on VI Hierachy List

All,

At the recent user group meeting, there was a question from Tom (I think) regarding creating a list of all dependent VI's from a parent VI and outputting that as a text file. After a quick search, I found this reference in the LV manuals:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361F-01/lvprop/vi_get_vi_dependencies/

which describes a method that can be applied to a VI reference to get just that information. You can specify if you want it for the whole hierachy or just for a single VI and there are many other options that look handy (list missing subVI's, ones that are commented out, globals, controls, etc). With this, it should be nearly trivial to whip up a code to do just what he was after!

I certainly enjoy getting into some of this technical discussion. Hopefully, more people will post and we can get a better dialog going.

Regards,

Brian Howerton

NASA Langley

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,647 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.