Hampton Roads LabVIEW User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Topic for December 4, 2013 Meeting?

Mark and I are looking at topics for the meeting next month and we'd appreciate input from the group.  Is anyone willing to present on a project they have worked on or are working on?  Can you suggest a topic that you'd like us to present?

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(10,106 Views)
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Topic for December 4, 2013 Meeting?

I could be ready to give a talk at the next meeting, but I don't have enough time to put a presentation together and get it reviewed by management, export control, etc. before the date.

Message 2 of 10
(6,814 Views)

That sounds great Brian.  The next meeting should be around March.  Will that timing be good for you?

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,814 Views)

I know a guy in our group has been asking questions about two things:

1) How to use another computer (say a build server or something) to compile FPGA code since it takes a while to get all the VHDL compiled on a 'regular' desktop computer. Also what versions of the compiler are required for differing versions of LabVIEW code (2011 vs. 2012 vs. 2013 etc.)

2) How to push LabVIEW to be executed using a GPU (I guess using the CUDA part of the GPU toolkit in LabVIEW).  This would greatly speed up some of his intensive calculation routines.

--------------------------------------------------

Nathan - Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 4 of 10
(6,814 Views)

I can get it together by then.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,814 Views)

I think some discussion on the GPU toolkit could be good. I have some co-workers who are using it to help speed up their beamforming calculations.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,814 Views)

GPU sounds like a good topic.  Would your colleagues have to jump through the same hoops  to share what they're working on?  Would love to have a user case for this.

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,814 Views)

I think he's just working on prototyping right now, not sure if there would be much of a use-case presentation available.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,814 Views)

Great news!  The developer of the GPU Toolkit has offered to lead the disucssion.  At the time he was in LabVIEW R&D for Scientific Computing and he is now in our Big Physics segment.  Thanks Brian and Nathan for the suggestion - we look forward to seeing you in December!

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,814 Views)

Awesome, thanks Brian.  Looking forward to it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,814 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.