Hampton Roads LabVIEW User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

LabVIEW Coding Challenge

Hampton Roads User Group - As I mentioned in our last meeting, we will start to include a LabVIEW code challenge into our user group meetings.  This will give us an way to integrate writing a short LabVIEW VI and interactively learning how others use different algorithms to solve the same challenge.  Our first challenge is the following:

• Create a VI that counts the number of occurrences of each character in a block of text and generate a histogram display of the counts. Ignore case and only count alphabetic characters (i.e. 'a' through 'z').

Look forward to seeing you in early December.

-Brian

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(12,490 Views)
5 REPLIES

Re: LabVIEW Coding Challenge

Dorjbat - This is very similar to how I implemented it.  Let's wait until after the meeting to post these on the discussion forum.  I'd like to review everyone's ideas during the meeting and then everyone can post their solution.  Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,504 Views)

Brian, would you prefer we email these to you ahead of time or just bring them in on a flash drive or something?

--------------------------------------------------

Nathan - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,504 Views)

Nathan - Either is fine. 

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,504 Views)

Can we use third-party code (OpenG, MGI, etc.) or does it have to be strictly from the LV source distribution?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,504 Views)

NoNoise - The goal of the coding challenges is to foster LabVIEW knowlege, so please use LabVIEW.  If you'd like to do a second example of calling external code from LabVIEW, you may, but the majority of the algorithm should still be in LabVIEW. 

Brian R.
District Sales Manager
Washington DC
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,504 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.