Hampton Roads LabVIEW User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Greetings Fellow Hampton UG!!

Hello all!

As you undoubtedly will be hearing soon, Jefferson Lab (JLAB) today has undergone a major "restructuring" , and many people were let go. I unfortunately was one of them. I was in the R&D area, and I guess they are focusing on people needed to actually run the accelerator.  It is a sad time, as that was any engineers ultimate dream job!  We were allowed room for creativity, encouraged to take classes, and the people (including management!) are just plain wonderful. I designed many cool things - like an XY stage laser positioning system with stepper motors, all under LabVIEW control, high voltage supplies, pico-ammeters... FUN STUFF!

I would kindly ask your help to keep your ears open for possible positions in your respective companies for an electronics/electro-mechanical engineer with a broad background in shematics, PCB layout, programming in C; motion control, LabVIEW (associate developer), troubleshooting, new designs, maintenance, etc. I'll have a new resume in a week or so, and professional references from the PhD's at the lab; and building up my LinkedIn profile.  I have heard murmerings that NASA might be hiring a few tech-types! That would be awesome!

I hope to see you all again at the next UG meeting!

Steve Covert

540-241-7763

stevencovert@hotmail.com

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-covert/8/592/515

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(17,012 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.