GLA Summit - For all LabVIEW and TestStand Enthusiasts!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all, I'm excited for Monday, but I'll be honest I'm very much in the dark about what's going to be happening and how it's all going to work.  Is there a schedule for sessions posted somewhere that I can't find?  The only thing I can find is that it starts at 6AM CST (Ugh so early) but nothing about what sessions will happen when, or if the sessions are even live or if they're all pre-recorded.  I've also checked out the hopin.to page, and all it shows is a list of speakers and the message "You’ll be able to access the event five minutes before it starts.".  Any details would be appreciated!

--David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,596 Views)
Solution
Accepted by David_L
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,592 Views)

Thanks, I guess I feel a bit silly that it's right there on the web page. I suppose I expected more details around the CLA forums or emails from the organizers like CLA summits in the past, but I recognize this is a new and different thing.  Thanks to all who've worked in putting this together.

See you next week!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,590 Views)

@David_L wrote:

Hey all, I'm excited for Monday, but I'll be honest I'm very much in the dark about what's going to be happening and how it's all going to work.  Is there a schedule for sessions posted somewhere that I can't find?  The only thing I can find is that it starts at 6AM CST (Ugh so early) but nothing about what sessions will happen when, or if the sessions are even live or if they're all pre-recorded.  I've also checked out the hopin.to page, and all it shows is a list of speakers and the message "You’ll be able to access the event five minutes before it starts.".  Any details would be appreciated!

--David

Also, to elaborate, the only pre-recorded sessions currently planned are the video replay of Jeff K's presentation (marked as such) and likely a video replay of one of the roadmap presentations.

All of the other sessions will be done live, and should have a moderator to help keep an eye on questions and give the presenter a chance to address them. Just like an in-person presentation, some presenters may want to address the questions in-line and others may want to hold them until the end. There will also be breakout rooms for each track so that traditional "hallway conversations" can occur.

For me, the primary goal of this summit has really been to drive interaction among users; the sessions and presentations are convenient tools to facilitate that. Initial presenter reactions to the platform (they got a test run to learn the ropes), have been very positive.

Edit: re: CLA communication. NI isn't handling the logistics, so due to privacy regulations we don't have access to the CLA mailing lists. We probably could have had a better presence on the CLA Forum.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,583 Views)

@ChrisStrykesAgain wrote:

Edit: re: CLA communication. NI isn't handling the logistics, so due to privacy regulations we don't have access to the CLA mailing lists. We probably could have had a better presence on the CLA Forum.

No Worries, Chris.  Like everything else in 2020, we're all winging it and doing the best we can.  Thanks again to you and the rest of the team for putting this together, in spite of the crazy world we live in.  See you Monday!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,569 Views)