From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Git User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree a Git Browser Tool - Free, just announced.

This is pretty much the best source code control client I've tried.  Most of my team agrees.  It makes things simple and visual for new users, has all the power for advanced users, and ties into your accounts on GitHub and Bitbucket to make things easy.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,053 Views)

Could someone provide Labview Tortoise Git package for LabVIEW 2012, please?

I use it with newer LabVIEW releases, but I have an old project in LV 2012 that I can't port to another LV version.

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,693 Views)

Are you able to utilize LV Merge and LV Compare with Sourcetree using Embedded Git?

I just started looking at Bitbucket and the other Atlassian tools since I found NASA supplies them to us through a discounted and APPROVED channel for secure code hosting.

I really like the Sourcetree interface but haven't found a clear setup instruction for getting Sourcetree to work with LV Compare and LV Merge.  I have found the Endigit blog (http://endigit.com/2017/11/using-labviews-diff-tool-with-sourcetree/) on the subject - but I must be missing a component as I am still getting error 7 on the LV Merge when invoking Actions>Resolve Conflicts>Launch External Merge tool.

Thanks

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,586 Views)

FWIW, I prefer Git Tower.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,577 Views)

GitTower doesn't look to be free, though it does look really nice!

I'd have to run that by management.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,561 Views)

Replying to myself to close this loop. 

I found that NI is providing a LabVIEW based solution to the LV Compare and LV Merge tool arguments issue.  They have provided the LabVIEW code in a GIT repository.  I just downloaded it and followed the instructions for building the EXEs, distributions and installer on my system and change the Sourcetree Diff and Merge callouts as specified.

I tried out the previous steps I implemented changing code in two local repos that point to the same remote repo, simulating two developers working on the same VI and committing/pushing in order to generate a conflict.  I was then able to leverage the Launch External Merge tool under Actions>Resolve Conflicts and was able to merge the changes successfully.

Here is the link to the GIT repository provided by NI: https://github.com/smithed/vicompare

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Message 7 of 7
(4,556 Views)