From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

General

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRC RoboRIO Template Not Available

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to follow along with the Zero-to-Robot tutorial:

https://docs.wpilib.org/en/stable/docs/zero-to-robot/step-4/creating-benchtop-test-program-labview.h...

and am to the point of creating a project, but my installation doesn't include the FRC RoboRIO template.  I've crawled through the package manager, and I have FRC game tools and CompactRIO installed.  The RoboRIO does show up in MAX, but I'm not seeing any RoboRIO-specific I/O blocks when I go to add things in the block diagram.  I've tried both LabVIEW 2020 and 2022.

I've also tried to manually add the device in a blank project, but nothing is showing up when I try to right click to add a new device in the project.  Here's a screenshot showing what I have installed and you can see the RIO in the devices list.

Spectre_8753_0-1642000899371.png

Appreciate nudges in the right direction, or a pointer to a more up-to-date tutorial.  Thanks!

- larry, coach for Spectre Robotics 8753

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Spectre_8753

Sounds similar to the problem reported here: ChiefDelphi: Install/activate 

This happens if the FRC Game Tools are installed before LabVIEW.

I recommend to uninstall and reinstall the FRC Game Tools.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,391 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  It turned out I had a number of missing dependencies - One Windows, and a couple NI.  Got everything installed in the right order, running the right version of LabView and I now have a blinky LED on our RoboRIO!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,371 Views)

I installed LabVIEW on new computers anticipating that when the serial numbers for FRC would be released I could activate LabVIEW and add the FRC drive station and FRC templates. When I try to add the FRC It tells me I have a newer version package manager already installed. I have tried uninstalling using NI unistall, Windows uninstall, CCleaner uninstall, deleting National insturments folders including program files, Aplication data files and windows files. Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,339 Views)

Please ensure you are using the correct downloads:

For 2022, the LabVIEW version will be 2020 SP1.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,332 Views)