Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro-Stereolithography System, South Korea

*Visit the official "Submit Entry" page to enter your NI LabVIEW student design project in the competition*

*Please add your country to the title of your project, example: Amazing Robot Project, Poland.

Contact Information

University: Chungbuk University, South Korea

Team Member(s): Sung-Hwan_Lee

Faculty Advisors: Prof. In-Hwan_Lee

Email Address: hanris@hanmir.com

Project Information

Title: Micro-Stereolithography System, South Korea

Description:

This application is to control three-axis stage and shutter by using products, which make Micro-Stereolithography System

Products:

NI PXI

NI-7344

NI-6251

MID-7604

LabVIEW 7.1

The Challenge:

In background, MEMS(Micro Electro Mechanical System) is to make prototype which is from micro component. Those are used in a various area. However, it is difficult for this techlogy to make micro structur

es which are high slenderness ratio. Therefor Micro_Stereolithography System is solution.

This project means LabVIEW program makes Micro-Stereolithography System easy to control. In addtion, LabVIEW makes a program easy to make it

The Solution:

1. System construction

그림1.JPG

<Figure 1>

This System consists of LabVIEW, motion controller, step motor power drive, analogue feedback.

This software create taget position, trajectory that is from velocity and acceleration based on LabVIEW 7.1. Moreover, present position is displayed by encoder.

Motion controller create trajectory of motor, coordinate of encoder, direction of motor

Driver make volt to be amplified to work ball screw

2. Motion Controller

그림2.JPG

<Figure 2>

NI 7344 controllers offer advanced features such as blended motion trajectory control and fully coordinated circular, linear, point-to-point, gearing, and vector-space control in either embedded motion operation or host-centric programming environments. The CPU and DSP components operate together to optimize closed-loop control, Thus it makes any structure.

3. Step motor power drive

Drive is MID-7604 power drive which is a complete power amplifier and system interface for use with for axes of simultaneous stepper motion control. It simplifies field wiring through separate encoder, limit switch, and motor power removable screw terminal connector blocks for each axis.

4. MAX(Measurement & Automation) 설정

MAX creates values of motor controller and DAQ. Major values are stepper steps per revolution, limit switch, following error and encoder counts per revolution.

그림3.JPG

<Figure 3>

Bind type of motor as you see Figure 3

그림4.JPG

<Figure 4>

Figure 4 express value of stepper step per revolution. Motor has specification of 1.8 deg/s, 1.5A, so it has 200 pulses per revolution. Therefore, value must be 25000 steps

그림5.JPG

<Figure 5>

In Motion I/O Settings, Limit Switch can be changed. It has function that accidental occurrence are prevented in advance. I have to use this function.

그림6.JPG

<Figure 6>

Encoder is required to write specification. This encoder has 50nm of resolution, so encoder counts per revolution should be 40000 steps

그림7.JPG

<Figure 7>

In this Figure, I set up following error. It means error between resolution of motor and encoder. It is set up by difference. If it counts more than values, motor will be stopped

그림8.JPG

<Figure 8>

3. Front Panel

그림9.JPG

<Figure 9>

This consists of display of encoder and input of commands. Front panel has divided into two-part. First of all, manual mode is to control three-axis stage by manual. I have to put value to use it. As a variable, there are X, Y, Z axis, velocity, acceleration. Second, auto mode is to read memo file. It deals with commands by row.

4. Block Diagram

1) Encoder

그림10.JPG

<Figure 10>

In this Figure, values of encoder is displayed. After obtaining steps of encoder, it is divided by resolution, so unit of ‘mm’ is expressed. Also, there is chart for X, Y axis

2) Sutter

그림11.JPG

<Figure 11>

This is process to handle DAQ. It’s very simple. After getting information of shutter, it decides.

2) Manual Mode

그림12.JPG

<Figure 12>

In this figure, this is manual mode penal. This penal is for manual control. I have to change unit from ‘mm’ to step because drive only read unit of step.

3) Auto Mode

그림13.JPG

<Figure 13>   

First, user has to make memo file for auto mode. And then, it handles command by row. The method is the same as manual mode.

그림14.JPG

<Figure 14>

In this figure, it is made to control curve from files.

Nominate Your Professor: (optional)

I nominate Prof. In-Hwan_Lee which is mechanical field

He support me to use machine and LabVIEW. He makes a surroundings
Contributors