From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GPU Computing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LabVIEW to acquire and process data from the camera.

is there any way to acquire and process data from camera using GPU ?? if anyone has a VI regarding this can please share

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,134 Views)

@santoshksv wrote:

is there any way to acquire and process data from camera using GPU ?? if anyone has a VI regarding this can please share

Your question is just too general! What camera type? What kind of processing?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,128 Views)

actually we are trying to capture a video from a normal webcam from a laptop by using ring acquisition we want to modulate the sequence of images and transmit it to another laptop and make the sequence of images display.. is there any use of any hardware to do this type of processing ?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,125 Views)

I do not see any image processing in your description. You just want to capture images, and send it plus display on another PC. So figure out how to interface regular webcam images from LabVIEW, then broadcast the images via Network Streams for example...

About image captures: Google for examples, also we need to know if you have the NI-Vision/IMAQ available or not, see this post too:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/acquiring-a-webcam-image-without-vision-toolbox/m-p/1951821/highlig...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,118 Views)

of course we have all the IMAQ/IMAQdx modules and we successfully explored the code to interface the webcam and labview to produce a live video.. i want to add some noise to the video, modulate demodulate and send it to another laptop where the video is displayed.. 

as now i had successfully interfaced the webcam and labview to display the live video in labview.. next i need to know how to add noise and transmit the video to another laptop..

please help me with this .. and please tell me if any hardware is required or not?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,110 Views)

On the "Signal Generation" palette, you can create a noise pattern (like that seen in the attached photo) to add to any signal.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,106 Views)

jermy ,does this work when u give video as an input???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,103 Views)

No, this will produce a DBL array.   You would probably have to manipulate it to a bitmap of the images then add the noise in between.  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,717 Views)

@santoshksv wrote:

The most efficient approach would be directly connecting the involved units via dma-buf. Depending on actual HW involved, you perhaps could also use other units like IPUs for common things like scaling, colorspace conversion, etc. See V4L and dma-buf documentation.

But I highly doubt LV has any direct support for that - you'd have to code that in C and call it from LV.

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,801 Views)