GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use OpenGDS API CreateClass function to create a class from my own template (based on EndevoGOOP400)

Hello,

A quick question... 

I created my own template based on one of the existing EndevoGOOP4 by reference templates. 

When I select "New GOOP Class" in my project I can create a new class based on my own template since this template is shown inside the OpenGDS Create Class Dialog. 

So far so good. 

Now I want to use the OpenGDS API to create classes based upon my own template but this does not work.

Inside the GDSAPI_CreateClass.vi I cannot specify my own template. Only the default OpenGDS templates can be selected. (Standard, Singleton, Interface by aggregation, Interface by VI Server). 

Does anybody know how the OpenGSP API GDSAPI_CreateClass.vi function can be used to create a class based upon a custom template? I'm asking since I want to create a large number of classes this way, and having a possibility to do it programmatically would help a lot!

Thanks in advance for all the help or suggestions!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(888 Views)

Can you send your template and I can have a look the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(851 Views)

Hi Mikael, 

First of all, thanks for your message. I was able to use the OpenGDS API to create a class of my own template but I had to modify the GDSAPI_CreateClass function in order to do so. 

noxus_0-1678863884327.png

This is probably not the way it was intended - but it works for now for me... 

If there is a better way to add a custom EndevoGoop4 class template and use the GDSAPI functions to create these classes based upon this custom template - I'm definitely interested to learn about it. 

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(844 Views)