From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UML Modeler hot key issue

The UML modeler keeps opening in the middle of my LabVIEW programming session.

I have no idea what the hot key is or how I seem to keep pressing it, but I need to either change or disable the UML Modeler hot key.

Are other people having the same problem?  Can someone tell me what the hot key is and if I can change or disable it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,231 Views)

There is no really hot keys to open the UML modeller, but there is a TCP/IP server listing to a port for instructions to open the UML modeller.

I use that approach to get the Double click on an .uml file, to open the UML modeller.

Maybe something is triggering an "open this uml file" from the windows explorer.

Or (and more likely) someone sending some text on the port number the app is listing too.

Try these things:

Try renaming this folder:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20XX\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\UmlMessage

To make sure Windows can't find the application linked to the uml extension.

These exe files just sends a TCP/IP request to this VI:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20XX\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\SubVIs\GOOP_TcpIpListener.vi

Or Activate the debug feature by creating a file called: DebugLog.txt and place it in this folder: C:\data\LabVIEW Data\Open_GDS

Then start LabVIEW and examine the debug file next time LV open's the uml modeller.

And also send me a copy of it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,156 Views)

Myself and a colleague are having the UML Modeler pop up repeatedly.

Do you know which TCP port the listener is on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,927 Views)

The port is:

MikaelH_0-1626643034091.png

But you can just disable it by modified this VI:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20XX\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\GOOP_LVClass_Global_Init.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,905 Views)