GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove a design pattern from a class

I was looking for direct support of 'LV Class Properties' and accidentically made a class with 'Class Property' as a design pattern (that feels like a Singleton).

However is it possible to change this Class to a standard by Ref class?

Regards,

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,184 Views)

There is currently no automatic way of converting a ByValue class to a ByRef class.

I normally create a new class (in a new project) with the same name in a new location and just copy it over the by value class.

//Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,670 Views)

Or maybe I misunderstood your question, did you want to remove an added design pattern?

We have a feature of removing linked design pattern to classes, through the

GOOP->Get Class Information...

Unfortunately, in the design patterns I've created, I've not implemented the Remove Design Pattern function, but all Plug In Design patterns can implement the Remove function if they want.

BTW, if you're interested in creating your own design patterns let us know and we'll guide you through it.

//Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,670 Views)

I saw the 'Remove design pattern'. However that doesn't update the allready created VIs. But in the 'Get Instance' I removed the Name input. This made the class behaving like I want.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,670 Views)