G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the differences of these template?

@N3OC$PDY5XD9_}DET))QY6.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,901 Views)

Especially how to use the last one

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,880 Views)

The templates with "Class", will only modify the static class attibutes and do not have any reference in or out.

The "Read Attribute Front Panel In Memory" will add a frontpanel control reference to the reference in and place as a "dummy" in the error case. This little trick prevents the frontpanel to always be in memory and also never be removed during a build. Can be useful sometimes.

The None Modifying is just a blank template without any attribute modification.

Message 3 of 6
(2,806 Views)

I create write attribute template and Read Attribute Front Panel In Memory Template, but I don't find any differences between them, could you show me how to use Read Attribute Front Panel In Memory Template,thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,782 Views)

The Control is in the error-case.

You don't need to care about this template or use it. I have made thousands of methods and never used that template. However, at a few occasions, it may help. Mattias may have an example, but really you should just start to code and don't bother about that template for now.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,778 Views)

Hi,

One example is when you are using a background demon process and if frontpanel is not in memory, it will not run. This is never a problem in development environment, but may be in a built exe, since LabVIEW build removes unused frontpanels unless you don't have a reference to any object on the frontpanel.

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,776 Views)