G# and AF

Hi,

is that G# is compatible with the AF?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,134 Views)

Hi,

First, I'm not a user of actor framework, so I am actually doing a lot of assumptions in this answer.

I suppose G# works with AF in some way, since G# is pure LabVIEW. From a LabVIEW point of view, a G# class is just a LabVIEW clas that inherits from another G# class or from the root class G#Object. Just passing around a G# object shouldn't be any problem at all. However, but AF builds a lot of subclassing and overriding and if the ancestor class is not another G# class or the G#Object class, then in that perspective, it is not possible.

Any one else that have tried?

/Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,103 Views)

Hi: Actor is Object Oriented Queue Msg Handler.When you create an actor and launch it. It call the queue handler loop running in another thread and return a Queue Enqueuer Class(queue ref inside).The caller send message to the actor with this enqueuer.Also you can pass this enqueuer to anywhere in you code running  parallelly.This Enqueuer like Reference Object's "pointer".So you can send message to one actor to call the actor's method in different thread. G# Class is like Reference Object Class.It copy the referece address instead of the whole class data(property and field)when pass class.Also you can pass the G# object instance to any code running parallelly .Each code can modify the instance data and call class method .They opperate in the same instance.

Message 3 of 3
(6,048 Views)