G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G# Framework 1.7 available in VIPM

G# Framework 1.7.0 can now also be installed through VIPM. 

However, with the normal installer you get the files mass-compiled and get the "G# Modify attributes" which can be dropped on the block diagram as a code snippet.

The G# UML plugin is not available through VIPM, but can be downloaded here.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(10,647 Views)

I use LV2015 and just upgraded new version of G#. Right click menu doesn't work. I reinstalled but problem still exists. I click any menu item but UI doesn't open. Because I use G# at my new project I downgraded to previous version. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(10,616 Views)

Really sorry for that. I made a few tests and everything seemed fine creating a class, opening the debugger and such things, but I can see now that there is a problem when creating methods for example. I have fixed it and will do some more testing, but it can take 2-5 days before the VIPM repository has the new version.

I guess you want the VIPM, but consider the normal installer. VIPM does not mass-compile the VIs, so if you do use VIPM, I suggest you mass-compile these folders:

<LabVIEW>\resource\Framework\Providers\AddQ

<LabVIEW>\vi.lib\addons\_AddQ.

The new VIPM package will be of version 1.7.0.4, so you can see when it is available.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,607 Views)

Mass compiling didn't work. I tried several times but nothing happened. Then I used the normal installer. After the installation menu responded as it has to be.

By the way "Class Icon Editor" screen cannot be closed by pressing close (x) button.

Thanks for the effort...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(10,597 Views)

No no, I didn't mean that it would help on the build you have problems with. That build has a bug/flaw. Mass-compiling will only help the load-times of the plugin.

But in-fact, In the latest build I did seem to mass-compile, at least I did not have to resave when I used LV2013. I am not sure why. I first thought VIPM had problems with project-provider plugins, but maybe VIPM silently stops mass-compiling if it stumbles on an issue, just a guess.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(10,594 Views)

Thanks for finding that the class Icon editor cannot be closed using the X. All other windows seems to work as expected. I will have that fixed in the next release (likely 1.7.1).

The VIPM build 1.7.0.4 is available, by the way.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(10,569 Views)