From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147418113 with Reverse Engineer

Dear g# development team,

I've got an Error during start of Reverse Engineer. I've got the message as you can see in the attached png.

I'am working with LabVIEW 2017SP1 and WhiteStarUML 5.9.1.0 on Windows 10 (1803).

Best regards,

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,979 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for using our product and congratulations on finding a new bug! 

I'm on vacation so i'm slow to respond, but will be back to work next week. From the screen shot it looks like you're trying to Reverse engineer to C++, based on the "invalid profile (Cpp)", which won't work. 

For extra information, which version of G# and G#UML are you running?

regards

/Albert "Yamaeda" Bergquist

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,944 Views)

Hi I just started to use WhiteStarUML and G# framework. I get the same error as described in this posting. I tried this with both LV2017 and LV2018. I used G# 1.8.1 framework and g-uml-plugin-2.2.0.

I also get errors when trying to generate LV code from a simple Class. 

My question is there a newer uml plugin? If there is; can we get a link to it? Also the g-uml-plugin-2.2.0 installation does not install the XMLLib in the G#IDE lvlib correctly; I needed to correct this after installation

regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,685 Views)

Hi Dave,

You're right, there are some bugs, but not the ones you mention. 🙂

On my 2017 test machine (i develop in 2014 for compatibility reasons) I have G#IDE 1.8.1.2 and my internal G#UML 2.3.2.14 which i've attached here.

My goto test is the G#UML - example 2 and it doesn't work with G#IDE 1.8.1.2. There are 2 VI's that needs fixing for that and i've attached them, you simply need to replace them. I've talked to Mattias and we'll make a patch/update to G# with these files.

The XMLLib is part of G#IDE and is installed with the 1.8.1.2 on my 2017 machine, the Dialog file had a small bug that caused CreateMethod to always pop up, and DataTypeToControl needed a little update to work better with 2017 (it's been inherited since the original G# done in LV2009 with very few changes)

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,670 Views)

Dave, I just realized I fixed a bug generation bug yesterday. Is it possible to send the code/classes so I can test your Reverse engineering case?

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,652 Views)

Hi I followed your instructions above and the reverse engineer tool now works. The problem is that the generate code tool does not work. I created a simple class and a simple inherited class. When I tried to generate code I got an error. I have attached the screenshot. The failure occurs when applying dependencies but I get different errors depending on the sequence of events.

regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,646 Views)

Just saw your message here is the UML 

regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,644 Views)

Hmm, that's interesting. Often we use a This VI to force a front panel to stay in memory, but with a .ctl you can't really do that. I'll test it when I get home and hope (?) that I get the same behavior. 🙂

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,640 Views)

I just realized I fixed a bug generation bug yesterday.

A bug generation bug... 

If bug generation is bugged, does that mean that bug-free code is generated?

Bug generation is an essential part of coding. I know

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,630 Views)

@thols LOL! Code generation bug, ofcourse! I was quite messed up after not sleeping properly, my sleep schedule has been very strange during Christmas.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,627 Views)