From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency warnings

Hi All!

I have started with G# plugin recently, but I yhave encounteresd following error after a clean install of g# and staruml plugin.

When I open a project (that has nothing to do with g# yet)  I get 14 dependency warnings like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\AppBuilder\RW_Project\AB_RW_Project_TargetFile_Info.vi (AB_RW_Project_TargetFile_Info.vi)

- The control expected to be at "<resource>:\Framework\Providers\API\ItemRef.ctl" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\ItemRef.ctl".

I clearly see that those have nothing to do with my project - rather with G# framework.

I suspect that <resource>: tab is not set correctly in some configuration.

could anybody here help me to get a proper clean install, which will not throw me warnings each time I open a project?

Full warning dump file is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,215 Views)

Hi,

I did a fresh install of the G#Framework 1.6.1 earlier today on a LV2015SP1 machine without any problems. Was it during installation of the G# StarUML plugin you got the warnings?

Best regards,

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,423 Views)

I have installed g# and staruml in one go.

After installation - every project I open show similat dependency error. I have not checked whether those are identical - but that is my assumption.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,423 Views)

Isn't this the same of this https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/40751?tstart=0

I keep on hitting on it.

Cheers

Andrea

Message 4 of 7
(9,423 Views)

I tried installing from vipm with version 1.6.1.4 and get similar relink problems.

Capture.PNG

I uninstalled it and installed from the link Mattias provided (http://addq4.se/download/Files/addq_lib_gsharp-1.6.1.4.vip.zip). Then I get even more relink problems, which is strange, since I did not have them the last time we tested this, and neither did legrimpeur. I'm having trouble with the forum post editor so I cannot post a pic of that without erasing my text.

I uninstalled and then installed from http://addq4.se/download/Files/G%23%20Framework%201.6.1.zip, and i get NO relinks! I suggest using this zip-file instead.

Mattias, I know you love making and testing vipm packages . Could you test and verify?

//Thomas

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 5 of 7
(9,423 Views)

Whoa!

Thanks legrimpeur and thols! Big kudos to you both.

Reading the thread legrimpeur provided got me into some insights of the problem, vhile thols file fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,423 Views)

I confirm that if I install 1.6.1.4 version using VIPM I get a lot of warnings every time I open a .lvproj (see attachment).

Everything is OK if I install the new version 1.7 announced here.

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,249 Views)