G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24-hour time on Graph axis

I have an XY Graph that I've set up for time on the X-axis.  I want to show 24-hour time on the axis.

The way I've done that is set the X-axis formatting to "Absolute Time", and then selected the time format to be "hh:mm".  Beneath that, there's a pair of radio buttons for AM/PM or 24-hour time.  When I select 24-hour time, it looks like it uses 12-hour time without the AM/PM indicator.  I would expect, for example, that "05:00 PM" becomes "17:00".  But from what I can tell, "05:00 PM" becomes "05:00".

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there an alternate way to get 24-hour time on the axis?

Screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 2.14.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 2.15.03 PM.png

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

Learn more about the DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,642 Views)

I meant to test this in both the IDE and the browser (Chrome, in my case) before posting, but forgot to test the browser.

I get correct results in the browser.  Here's another screenshot, with the G Web IDE on the left, and Chrome on the right.

So I suspect this is just a bug in the IDE.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 2.36.38 PM.png

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

Message 2 of 5
(1,638 Views)

Brian,

How did you get the correct timestamps to show up on the time axis in absolute mode? 

I have waveform data that I am pushing from an RT target but the JSON in the message API will not accept a waveform type. 

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,607 Views)

Hi, Steven.  I am using the timestamp data type as my X data type.  I have nonlinear spacing of data, so I started with an array of cluster of timestamp and double.  I needed to add multiple plots, so I switched to an array of cluster of array of timestamp and array of double.  (I think I have that right.)

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,594 Views)

Thanks Brian,

Appreciate the help.

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,574 Views)